Flaxseed oil is a product obtained from flax seed, which is a valuable source of unsaturated fatty acids: oleic (omega-9) - 13 - 29%, linoleic (omega-6) - 15 - 30%, linolenic (omega-3) - 44 - 61%. It has such important healing properties for human health that it is recommended for use as a biologically active additive on an ongoing basis throughout life.
Linoleic acid triglycerides (ALA) are the building materials of the whole body, from which it synthesizes the vital forms of omega-3 acids (eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic). Interestingly, the human brain and nervous tissue consists of 70% of them. The human body is not able to independently synthesize these compounds, so they must be supplied with food daily for the full functioning of organs and systems.
Flaxseed oil is a leader in the number of therapeutic properties among vegetable oils. The energy value of the product is 844 calories per 100 milliliters. To maintain health, nutritionists recommend taking it at 15 milliliters on an empty stomach half an hour before eating, or at night 30 minutes after dinner.
In order to feel the result, it is important to consume linseed oil every day for at least 2 months without missing any tricks. Otherwise, you will not notice the changes.
Types of flax seed oil, classified by processing method:
- Unrefined. This is the most useful product, retains its original properties (smell, taste, color), quickly deteriorates and gives a fus for long-term storage. Unrefined oil is "freed" of mechanical impurities through centrifugation, filtration and sedimentation.
- Hydrated. It retains the useful properties of unrefined, in addition, it does not give sludge (fus), since it is pretreated with water to remove phosphatides that give sediment.
- Refined. It undergoes mechanical and chemical cleaning with alkali, which kills valuable free fatty acids. Refined linseed oil is stable during storage, has no sediment, with a weak taste and smell, a neutral color. It does not provide value to the human body.
- Refined bleached deodorized. In addition to alkali treatment (refining), the oil is additionally subjected to deodorization, bleaching. The result is a discolored product. Bleaching is carried out with clay, followed by filtering the oil through activated carbon. Like the previous species, it is devoid of nutrients, in properties inferior to unrefined and hydrated.
Flaxseed oil is obtained by crushing peeled flax seeds. Unrefined is produced by means of pressing, refined is produced by pressing and extraction. Interestingly, 2 milliliters of the product contains the daily requirement of the body for omega-3 fatty acids. It is also a storehouse of tocopherols (E), vitamin K.
Refined oil has a greenish-yellow color, clean, transparent, without sediment, with a mild taste and smell. Unrefined is divided into 2 grades, in which the permissible content of volatile substances and moisture should not exceed 0.3%. The taste and smell of unrefined linseed oil is clean, without bitterness. Allowable sludge by weight for the first grade - up to 0.05%, the second - 0.1%.
Avoid surrogate drugs and fakes, they can worsen a state of health.
The content of fatty acids in linseed oil:
- α-linolenic acid (considered the precursor of omega-3) - 53.4 grams (45 - 70%);
- linoleic (omega-6) - 14.3 grams (12 - 24%);
- oleic (omega-9) - 20.198 grams (10 - 21%);
- palmitoleic (omega-7) - 0.10 grams (0.05 - 0.1%);
- palmitic - 5.10 - 5.30 grams (4.1 - 4.4%);
- stearic - 3.40 - 4.10 grams (3.3 - 3.8%);
- margarine - 0.10 grams (0.05 - 0.1%);
- behenic - 0.10 grams (0.05 - 0.1%);
- peanut - 0.10 grams (0.05 - 0.1%);
- lignoceric - 0.10 grams (0.05 - 0.1%).
The mass fraction of saturated fatty acids in 100 grams of the product reaches 6 - 18%.
Interestingly, in terms of omega-3 acids, squeezing from flax seeds is superior to soybean oil and fish oil.
In addition, it is a valuable source of phytosterols, which are dominated by beta-sitosterol (515% of the daily norm is concentrated in 100 milliliters), campesterol (184.5%), stigmasterol (92.9%), delta-5-avenasterol (107 , 3%).
Thus, linseed oil is classified as a female product. It does not contain oxalic acid, carbohydrates and purine bases. It consists of lignans - substances that reduce the level of "bad cholesterol", normalize the functioning of the heart system. These compounds exhibit antimitotic, estrogen-like, antioxidant activity.
|Components||Content in 100 grams of product, milligrams|
|Unsaturated fatty acids||87,898|
|Stigmasterol||30,0 - 35,0|
|Saturated Fatty Acids||9,9|
|Name||Nutrient content in 100 grams of product, milligrams|
|Gamma tocopherol||28,8 - 52,0|
|Delta tocopherol||0,95 - 1,6|
|Alpha tocopherol||0,5 - 1,2|
Canadian nutritionist Robert Kundi believes that this product is ordered to revolutionize the history of mankind to preserve youth in the future.
Among the useful properties of the product are:
- Lowers cholesterol, normalizes blood pressure, protects against heart diseases (angina pectoris, hypertension, prevents repeated heart attacks), reduces blood viscosity. Makes blood vessels more elastic, improves metabolism.
- Relieves inflammation with fibrocystic mastopathy, gout, lupus. Reception of linseed oil eliminates swelling of the joints and relieves sudden severe pain in them. In addition, omega-3 fatty acids increase the absorption of iodine.
- It relieves constipation, hemorrhoids, diverticular disease. The crushed flaxseed is rich in fiber, helps cleanse the gastric sacs, prevents the development of a possible infection, relieves inflammation, and normalizes the digestive tract. The oil has antiparasitic properties, removes colitis, gastritis, and heals the liver. The product prevents the formation of kidney stones, the appearance of gallstone disease.
- It improves the condition of the skin, is used to treat psoriasis, sunburn, acne, eczema. Essential fatty acids (EFAs), which are part of linseed oil, eliminate red itchy spots, soothe irritated dermis. In addition, EFAs reduce the secretion of sebaceous glands, the abundance of which smokes the pores and causes acne.
- Supports healthy hair, nails. A lack of unsaturated fatty acids causes problems with the scalp: dandruff, psoriasis, eczema. Omega-3 strengthens brittle nails, prevents their delamination, relieves hair from dryness, dullness, and prevents the ends from being cut.
- It improves the transmission of nerve impulses, eliminates tingling and numbness in the limbs, increases the effectiveness of the treatment of Parkinson's disease. EFAs prevent nerve damage in multiple sclerosis, diabetes.
- Relieves the symptoms of menopause, endometriosis, menstrual pain. Flaxseed oil contains lignins that normalize hormonal balance. In addition, EFA improves uterine function, helps eliminate problems with infertility, and prevents the formation of prostaglandins, which cause bleeding during menstruation.
- Slows down the aging process, reduces the risk of cancer (prostate, colon, breast).
- Resists the occurrence of atherosclerosis, hypertension, stroke, blood clots.
- It fights against male infertility, impotence and diseases of the prostate (prevents its inflammation, swelling).
- Stimulates metabolism, improves the effectiveness of weight loss, reduces appetite.
- It accelerates the restoration of muscle tissue after intense sports and ligaments after sprains.
- Facilitates the course of pregnancy, positively affects the formation of the brain of the unborn child.
- Increases the effectiveness of the treatment of diseases of the nervous system, lungs and bronchi, thyroid gland, kidneys, bladder.
Flaxseed oil is widely used in cosmetology. Based on it, nutritional compositions for hair are prepared that have vitaminized, bactericidal, anti-aging, softening properties.
To prevent stretch marks, flaxseed oil is recommended for women to rub into the skin, especially during pregnancy, when the dermis is stretched due to the growth of the fetus. With regular application (massage movements) it moisturizes, nourishes, gives a radiant appearance to the body. During feeding, it is applied to the nipples and chest to protect against the appearance of small cracks, loss of skin elasticity. To speed up the healing of striae and increase the effectiveness of anti-cellulite massage, linseed oil is added to the cream.
With uncontrolled use, even the most useful product can harm human health. Flaxseed oil quickly oxidizes (when heated and interacts with air), deteriorates from exposure to sunlight. Because of this, it is not recommended to heat-treat it, store it for a long time in the clear. Otherwise, free radicals harmful to the body are formed in the oil.
Thus, the main disadvantage of the product is its short shelf life.
Possible adverse reactions of the body in excess of doses:
- Deterioration of blood coagulability.
- Diarrhea, while flatulence is not observed.
- Allergic reactions: respiratory failure, rash, edema.
Contraindications to the use of linseed oil:
- taking painkillers and antidiabetic drugs;
- pregnancy and hormonal imbalance;
- taking drugs whose action is aimed at lowering cholesterol, blood thinning;
- polyps of the appendages and uterus;
- chronic pancreatitis;
- increased blood coagulation;
- obesity of the liver, violation of the cell structure;
- taking hormonal contraceptives, antidepressants;
- biliary tract disease;
Unripe flaxseed pods cause poisoning of the body, and raw seeds contain cyanide (in small doses). The substance is negatively displayed on the state of human health. In small doses, it causes a burning sensation in the mouth, agitation, anxiety, increased blood pressure, shortness of breath, dizziness, and profuse sweating. High doses of cyanide are dangerous instantaneous loss of consciousness, death.
How to use?
Flaxseed oil is recommended to be consumed with food without heat treatment. It goes well with sour-milk drinks, juices, cottage cheese, vegetables. The oil is stored in a glass opaque container, in tightly corked form, in the refrigerator. After opening the container, the product is consumed within 5 to 7 days, otherwise pathogens begin to multiply actively in it.
For an adult, a safe daily dose is 30 milliliters.
Flaxseed oil for weight loss
This is an ideal tool for correcting body weight, because it contains omega-3,6,9 fatty acids, which are actively involved in the metabolism, contributing to the burning of subcutaneous fat.
For weight loss, linseed oil is consumed according to the following scheme: on an empty stomach 20 minutes before breakfast and in the evening 20 minutes after dinner, 5 milliliters. In this case, the dose should be gradually increased and brought to 15 milliliters at a time. People with stool problems should take 200 milliliters of warm water after taking the oil. If desired, the product can not be consumed in its pure form, if it causes concern and side effects from the body. It is permissible to add it to vegetable salads, mix with honey, fruit syrups, juices, and other oils.
The main condition is not to subject the product to heat treatment, as this destroys its beneficial properties.
If you decide to lose weight with linseed oil, you should not expect a quick result. The “cure” will not have any effect in one go. To achieve a noticeable effect (minus 2 to 5 kilograms), linseed oil should be drunk regularly, without missing meals, at least 2.5 to 3 months. In addition, without abandoning harmful products and systematic physical exertion, losing weight will not work.
The following are excluded from the diet of a dieter: fatty, fried foods, red meat (pork, beef), mayonnaise, sauce, wheat flour, muffins, confectionery, marinades, sugar, convenience foods, carbonated sugary drinks, alcohol. Forbidden products are replaced by vegetables, poultry, fish, fruits, natural freshly squeezed juices.
Of the physical exercises, cycling, jogging, cardio loading, fitness, swimming, yoga, aerobics are welcome.
After a course of weight loss, do not give up the use of linseed oil. In the absence of contraindications for use, it is added to the daily diet as a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
Flaxseed oil for face
Every housewife knows that this product is an effective way to get rid of skin defects: wrinkles, acne, peeling, age spots.
How does linseed oil affect the dermis:
- activates collagen production, renews skin cells, promotes tissue repair;
- tightens the oval of the face;
- moisturizes and improves the smoothness of the dermis;
- relieves inflammation, irritation;
- struggling with acne;
- protects cells, tissues from the adverse effects of environmental factors;
- improves complexion;
- increases overall skin tone;
- accelerates the treatment of bruising, burns, warts, psoriasis, herpes zoster;
- eliminates dryness, peeling;
- fights shallow wrinkles;
- heals wounds, bruises, bruises, cuts and cracks.
For external use, linseed oil nourishes, moisturizes, softens and rejuvenates the skin, so the product is indicated for the care of wrinkled, flabby, dry, aging derma. With internal use, it stops the foci of inflammation in the cells, normalizes the metabolism, saturates them with nutrients.
Indications for use:
- acne, acne;
- first age-related changes on the skin;
- wrinkle prevention;
- lightening freckles, dark spots;
- dryness, peeling and a feeling of tightness of the dermis.
Ways of application:
- Ingestion. Skin is an indicator of a person’s health status. If you have problems with dermis, you should look for the cause in the body. What does acne on the face say? Rashes on the nose indicate hidden problems with the pancreas, on the nose - with the liver, cheeks - with the stomach, temples - with the gall bladder, forehead - with the small intestine or bladder, chin - with the organs of the small pelvis, over the lips - with the heart .
To improve the condition of the skin, eliminate the focus of inflammation, if necessary, carry out drug treatment. To enhance the effect, if there are no direct contraindications, linseed oil is introduced into the patient's diet. The daily dose is 30 milliliters, divided into 3 meals. Flaxseed oil is introduced into salads, warm cooked cereals. This method of application improves the digestion of food, prevents the appearance of wrinkles.
- Masks They have a nourishing, anti-aging effect on the skin, relieve dryness, peeling. In order to avoid aggravation of the situation, linseed oil should be used with care to care for oily dermis.In order not to enhance the work of the sebaceous glands, select recipes that include protein or citrus fruits.
- Rubbing the skin. To improve the tone of the face and make the dermis silky, linseed oil is applied to cleansed skin with massage movements, at least 1 hour before bedtime. Otherwise, the product does not have time to absorb, swelling appears in the morning.
- Point use. It is used to eliminate microcracks and acne. In this case, the swab is moistened in linseed oil, which treats problem areas on the skin (warts, bruises, irritations).
- Warm compress. Nourishes, improves dry, sensitive skin. Method of application: moisten a soft cloth in oil, apply on face, wait 10 minutes.
Face mask recipes:
- For oily skin. Cleanses from various impurities, dries acne, tightens pores. Principle of preparation: dilute 15 grams of fresh baker's yeast in the same amount of milk. Stir the mixture until pasty. Allow the mask to stand for a quarter of an hour, then add 5 milliliters of lemon juice and flax oil. Apply the finished mass to the face for 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- For normal skin. Nourishes, softens the dermis. Flaxseed oil is recommended as a substitute for night cream. Apply at night with light patting movements, after removing makeup, do not rinse.
To moisturize and soften the skin, add 3 drops of jasmine essential oil to linseed oil, and lemon or orange to relieve fatigue and improve complexion.
- For dry and aging skin. Tightens the dermis, deeply nourishes and moisturizes. The principle of preparation: очист peel the avocado, mashed, add 5 milliliters of honey and linseed oil to the resulting mass. Mix contents, apply on face, wait 30 minutes. After the specified time, rinse off the mask with warm water.
- Cleansing mask. Ingredients: lemon juice (10 milliliters), kefir (15 milliliters), linseed oil (5 milliliters), flour (5 grams). Thoroughly mix the components, evenly distribute on the surface of the face, leave for 15 minutes, rinse.
On the basis of linseed oil, a scrub and acne lotion are prepared. These funds cleanse the dermis from pollution, sebaceous secretions, relieve inflammation, have a tonic, moisturizing effect. To prepare peeling, flax oil is mixed with oatmeal in equal proportions. The scrub mask is applied with massage light movements to cleansed skin, gently rubbed, washed off with warm water. It is recommended to use 1 to 2 times a day.
To prepare acne cleansing lotion, mix linseed oil, yolk, cream, lemon juice, camphor alcohol, and honey. Shake the finished lotion strongly, pour into a glass container, store it in a clogged state. The resulting product is recommended to wipe the previously cleansed skin every day.
Flaxseed oil for hair
This is a natural healing agent that improves the condition of lifeless, damaged and dry strands, increases their smoothness and luster, strengthens the structure. Cold-pressed linseed oil is a source of vitamin F (unsaturated fatty acids). Nutrient is responsible for the proper formation, growth and health of hair follicles. In addition, it protects the scalp from dryness, fights against split ends, dandruff, nourishes and strengthens the roots, which suffer from temperature changes and lack of vitamins. Therefore, vitamin F is rightly considered a beauty vitamin.
Flaxseed oil prevents hair loss, restores their damaged structure, gives shine, softness and elasticity, returns strength.
Masks for maintaining the health of hair:
- For oily hair. It normalizes the production of sebum, eliminates dandruff, cleans hair and pores from impurities. To prepare the mask, mix the following ingredients: kefir with a fat content of 1% (200 milliliters), linseed oil (30 milliliters). The resulting mixture is rubbed into the scalp, distributed over the entire length of the hair, wrapped on top with a plastic bag, wait 40 minutes, rinse with warm water. With regular use (2 to 4 times a week), the hair acquires a fresh, neat appearance, less often becomes oily.
- For dry hair. In this case, linseed oil is used without adding additional ingredients. A nourishing mask is applied to the scalp with massage movements, rubbing the product for 10 minutes, then distributed along the length of the hair. The hair on top is covered with polyethylene, insulated with a towel. The product should be kept on the head for 1 to 2 hours, depending on the degree of damage to the hair. In severe cases, the mask is done at night, then washed off with warm water.
- For hair growth. Stimulates metabolic processes in the basal zone. To prepare the mask, linseed, castor, sea buckthorn oils are diluted in the same amount (15 milliliters each). Rosemary essential oil (5 drops) is added to the resulting mixture. The mask is applied to the head, hair, covered with cellophane, wrapped in a scarf. After an hour, the product is washed off with warm water.
For the treatment of brittle, split ends, linseed oil is mixed with castor oil and applied to damaged areas of hair. To enhance the effect, during application, the strands are kept above the steam. This helps to open pores, better nutrition of brittle tips.
To "feed", strengthen the hair structure and give it a natural shine, flaxseed oil (50 milliliters) is mixed with glycerin (30 milliliters), essential compositions (lavender oil for normal, dry hair, grapefruit or eucalyptus for greasy). The procedure is done at night. The course of therapy is 1 month.
Flaxseed oil is a source of vitamins B, E, K, phosphorus, calcium, omega-3,6 unsaturated fatty acids. Due to its rich chemical composition, it has a nourishing, anti-inflammatory, regenerating, moisturizing effect on the skin. And when used internally, it increases general immunity, stimulates the body's cleansing, lowers cholesterol, protects nerve cells from damage, and prevents brain activity that develops with age. With regular use, flax seed oil improves concentration, memory, reduces the risk of depression, schizophrenia. This is a real panacea for women, because it normalizes the hormonal background, supports youth and beauty of the skin, hair, nails.
With diabetes, it lowers glucose levels and prevents the formation of diabetic polyneuropathy. Increases the effectiveness of the treatment of skin diseases (dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis). In addition, the composition of flaxseed oil includes the natural antioxidant thioproline, which absorbs nitrates and nitrosamines, so it is recommended to add it to vegetable dishes grown using fertilizers.
Despite its useful properties, the intake of the product should be limited to people with individual intolerance, pregnant and lactating (only under the supervision of a doctor), people with pancreatic dysfunction, and diseases of the gall bladder.
In the absence of health problems, the recommended daily rate of flaxseed oil, to fill the deficiency of EFA in the body, is 15 - 30.